Can I add a group to another group in Linux? 2 Answers. You have to add each user to the group CanView . You can’t add a group to the group CanView .
How do you add a group to a group?
- Sign in to your Google Admin console.
- In the Admin console, go to Menu Directory.
- On the Groups list, point to the group that will become the parent group.
- In the parent group row, click Add members.
- Enter the name of the group you want to add to the parent group.
- Click Add to group.
How do I add a group ID to a group in Linux?
- Use the groupadd command.
- Replace new_group with the name of the group you want to create.
- Confirm by checking the /group/etc file (for example, grep software /etc/group or cat /etc/group).
- Use the groupdel command to remove the group entirely.
How do I add a user to a group in Linux terminal? You can add a user to a group in Linux using the usermod command. To add a user to a group, specify the -a -G flags. These should be followed by the name of the group to which you want to add a user and the user’s username.