Can you install FreePBX on Raspberry Pi? Welcome to RasPBX – Asterisk for Raspberry Pi
This project site maintains a complete install of Asterisk and FreePBX for the famous Raspberry Pi. Check the download page for the latest RasPBX image, which is based on Debian Buster (Raspbian) and contains Asterisk 16 and FreePBX 15 pre-installed and ready-to-go.
Is FreePBX and Asterisk the same? FreePBX, as per the definition from FreePBX.org, is “a web-based open source GUI (graphical user interface) that controls and manages Asterisk.” So it’s a GUI built on top of Asterisk that makes it easier to deploy a PBX from that Asterisk core.
What OS does FreePBX run on? The FreePBX Distro Linux distribution is based on CentOS, which maintains binary compatibility with Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
How do I install FreePBX on AWS?
- Step 1.) Setup FreePBX MySQL Database Connection. Copy and paste the following into your terminal and hit enter:
- Step 2.) Start FreePBX Server.
- Step 3.) Setup FreePBX SMTP Alerts (Postfix)
- Step 4.) Access the FreePBX Admin GUI (Graphical User Interface)
- Step 5.) Update FreePBX / Asterisk Modules.