Does Arch Linux use sudo? When you installed Arch Linux, it should come with sudo installed by default. However, run the following command to make sure that sudo is actually present in the system.
How do I enable sudo in Arch?
- Install sudo , because it’s not included as part of the base installation.
- Create a new user account with useradd .
- Set a strong password for the new user with passwd .
- Add the new user to the wheel group with usermod .
- Edit the sudoers file with visudo .
Where is the sudoers file in Arch Linux? The configuration file for sudo is /etc/sudoers . It should always be edited with the visudo(8) command. visudo locks the sudoers file, saves edits to a temporary file, and checks it for syntax errors before copying it to /etc/sudoers .
How do I change my sudo password Arch? Using sudo
If you have installed sudo and have configured permissions for either the wheel group or a user whose password you recall, you can change the root password by running sudo passwd root .