How do I add a user without a home directory in Linux?
- $ useradd -M <username>
- $ useradd –no-create-home <username>
- $ sudo useradd Ivan.
- $ sudo passwd Ivan.
- $ su – Ivan.
What is the default password for a new user in Linux? There is no default password. When you create a user it does not have a password yet, so you cannot login with that username until you create a password. There is one other way to act as a new user without its password. As root type su – acreddy .
How do you create a group in Linux?
- To create a new group, use the groupadd command.
- To add a member to a supplementary group, use the usermod command to list the supplementary groups that the user is currently a member of, and the supplementary groups that the user is to become a member of.
How do I add a group?
- Sign in to Google Groups.
- In the upper-left corner, click Create group.
- Enter information and choose settings for the group. Settings reference.
- Click Create group.
- (Optional) Next steps: Choose advanced settings for your group.