How do I add users to a group in Arch? Adding a new user in the system is quite simple. Just tell “useradd” the username. Unfortunately, this command will lock the user without any way of logging in.
How do I add an existing user to a group in Linux?
- Log in as root.
- Use the command useradd “name of the user” (for example, useradd roman)
- Use su plus the name of the user you just added to log on.
- “Exit” will log you out.
How do I add multiple users to a group in Linux? To add an existing user account to a group on your system, use the usermod command, replacing examplegroup with the name of the group you want to add the user to and exampleusername with the name of the user you want to add.
How add user to Sudoers file Arch Linux?
- Install sudo , because it’s not included as part of the base installation.
- Create a new user account with useradd .
- Set a strong password for the new user with passwd .
- Add the new user to the wheel group with usermod .
- Edit the sudoers file with visudo .