How do I block websites on Ubuntu? Open a terminal and type sudo nano /etc/hosts . Then at the last line type each website’s domain name you want to block like this: 127.0. 0.1 www.youtube.com 127.0.
How do I block a website in Linux?
- Open /etc/hosts. Open terminal and run the following command to open /etc/hosts file in a text editor.
- Block Websites in Linux. Let us say you want to block www.facebook.com on your system, then add the following line to your /etc/hosts file.
How do I unblock a website on Ubuntu?
- Using OpenDNS or Google DNS. OpenDNS can also be used in blocking a website but it is good for unblocking a website if your ISP is blocking access to your favorite sites.
- Using Proxy Server.
- By Editing Hosts File.
- Use VPN.
How do I block a specific Web site?
- Go to the Google Play Store. Download the BlockSite app.
- Once downloaded, open the app. Follow the on-screen prompts to allow BlockSite to access your privacy settings.
- To block a website click the plus (+) sign and search for the website.