How do I build FFmpeg in Ubuntu?
- Install the dependencies.
- Download and extract the FFmpeg source code.
- Configure the build.
- Purge any existing package installation.
- Install your custom FFmpeg build as a package.
How do I recompile FFmpeg?
- Install frei0r-plugins-dev.
- Uninstall/remove your compiled ffmpeg.
- Navigate to your ffmpeg source directory.
- Run make distclean.
- Add –enable-frei0r to your ffmpeg configure line.
- Continue compiling/installing as previously.
How long does it take to compile FFmpeg? Depend on the speed of you Internet and the hardware specification of your computer, it may take 10~30 minutes to complete the compilation.
How do I run FFmpeg on Linux?
- Start by updating the packages list: sudo apt update.
- Install the FFmpeg package by running the following command: sudo apt install ffmpeg.
- Validate the installation by running the ffmpeg -version command which will print the FFmpeg version: ffmpeg -version.