How do I change MTU size in Ubuntu? We can use the ifconfig command to change the MTU size of a system’s network interface. However, remember that this change does survive a reboot and returns to the default value i.e. 1500. After running the above command, the MTU size changes instantaneously. This change even does not require a service restart.
How do I change the MTU value in Linux?
- Open Terminal.
- Type the command below and hit enter. ping -c 3 -M do –s 1500 google.com.
- Start increasing the MTU value with small increments after you get a successful reply.
- This number is your MTU value.
How do I manually set MTU?
- Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to your router’s network.
- Enter the router user name and password. The user name is admin.
- Select ADVANCED > Setup > WAN Setup.
- In the MTU Size field, enter a value from 64 to 1500.
- Click the Apply button.
How do you change MTU to 9000? In the vSphere Web Client, navigate to the host. On the Configure tab, click Virtual Switches. Navigate to the virtual switch, then click Edit. Set the MTU value to 9000.