How do I change the MTU value in Linux?
- Open Terminal.
- Type the command below and hit enter. ping -c 3 -M do –s 1500 google.com.
- Start increasing the MTU value with small increments after you get a successful reply.
- This number is your MTU value.
How do I change my MTU settings?
- Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to your router’s network.
- Enter the router user name and password. The user name is admin.
- Select ADVANCED > Setup > WAN Setup.
- In the MTU Size field, enter a value from 64 to 1500.
- Click the Apply button.
How do I find the MTU size in Linux? check MTU size with ifconfig Command in Linux
The best way to check MTU size in Linux is using the ifconfig command. Open the terminal and run ifconfig interface name |grep mtu. This command will list the configuration of a network interface including MTU size.
How do I change the MTU in RedHat 7? You can either add MTU=8500 to the config file in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts directory (as per this page on the RHEL site).