How do I change user group? Change User Primary Group
To set or change a user primary group, we use option ‘-g’ with usermod command. Before, changing user primary group, first make sure to check the current group for the user tecmint_test. Now, set the babin group as a primary group to user tecmint_test and confirm the changes.
How do I change the group in Linux?
- Become superuser or assume an equivalent role.
- Change the group owner of a file by using the chgrp command. $ chgrp group filename. group.
- Verify that the group owner of the file has changed. $ ls -l filename.
How do I change the login group in Linux?
- Use the command usermod.
- Replace the examplegroup with the name of the group you want to be the primary.
- Replace the exampleusername with the name of the user account.
How do I change user and group permissions in Linux?