How do I configure Apache to use SSL?
- Locate your Apache configuration file and open with a text editor. The name of your Apache configuration file depends on your system platform.
- Verify or update Apache’s SSL configuration file and save. Open your Apache SSL configuration file, httpd-ssl.
- Restart the Apache Web Server. Linux OS.
How do I get SSL on Apache?
- Step 1: Upload Certificate Files Onto Server.
- Step 2: Locate Apache Configuration File.
- Step 3: Configure Virtual Host Section.
- Step 4: Enabling OCSP Stapling.
- Step 5: Save & Restart.
Does Apache use SSL? You can use apachectl commands to stop and start Apache with SSL support. Restart Notes: If Apache doesn’t restart with SSL support, try using apachectl startssl instead of apachectl start.
What is Apache SSL? An Apache SSL certificate is a specific type of secure sockets layer (SSL) certificate for an Apache server or web traffic handler. The Apache license is an open-source license, where a community of developers has implemented a number of resources like HTTP server tools.