How do I create a group in Unix?
- To create a new group, use the groupadd command.
- To add a member to a supplementary group, use the usermod command to list the supplementary groups that the user is currently a member of, and the supplementary groups that the user is to become a member of.
How do I create a group in Linux terminal?
- Use the groupadd command.
- Replace new_group with the name of the group you want to create.
- Confirm by checking the /group/etc file (for example, grep software /etc/group or cat /etc/group).
- Use the groupdel command to remove the group entirely.
Can you add a group to a group Linux? 2 Answers. You have to add each user to the group CanView . You can’t add a group to the group CanView .
How do I add a user to a group? To add an existing user account to a group on your system, use the usermod command, replacing examplegroup with the name of the group you want to add the user to and exampleusername with the name of the user you want to add.