How do I create a network drive in Ubuntu?
- Go to System Settings.
- Under Systems Settings Click User Accounts.
- Click unlock to Enable + (plus) icon.
- Click + (plus) icon to create a new system user.
How do I map a network drive in Ubuntu 14.04 permanently?
- Press Ctrl+Alt+T on keyboard to open the terminal.
- Install cifs-utils , which provides support for cross-platform file sharing with Microsoft Windows, OS X and other Unix systems.
- Edit the /etc/nsswitch.conf: sudo gedit /etc/nsswitch.conf.
How do I map to a network drive? Open File Explorer. In File Explorer, click on This PC, located on the left-hand side of the window. Click on the Computer tab. In the Computer ribbon, click on the Map network drive button, and then select Map network drive from the drop-down list.
How do I map a drive in Linux?
- Click the Start menu -> File Explorer.
- Click This PC.
- Click on Computer -> Map Network Drive.
- In the “Drive” drop-down box, choose the drive-letter you want to use for this particular directory.
- Type in the full path to the directory into the “Folder” field.