How do I delete a file on Ubuntu?
- Select the item you want to delete.
- Press and hold the Shift key, then press the Delete key on your keyboard.
- Because you cannot undo this, you will be asked to confirm that you want to delete the file or folder.
How do I delete a file in Ubuntu terminal?
- To delete a single file, use the rm or unlink command followed by the file name: unlink filename rm filename.
- To delete multiple files at once, use the rm command followed by the file names separated by space.
- Use the rm with the -i option to confirm each file before deleting it: rm -i filename(s)
How do I delete all files in Ubuntu?
Linux Delete All Files In Directory
- Open the terminal application.
- To delete everything in a directory run: rm /path/to/dir/*
- To remove all sub-directories and files: rm -r /path/to/dir/*
How do I remove a file from a directory in Ubuntu? To remove a directory and all its contents, including any subdirectories and files, use the rm command with the recursive option, -r . Directories that are removed with the rmdir command cannot be recovered, nor can directories and their contents removed with the rm -r command.