How do I delete a group in Linux? To delete(remove) a given group from the system, invoke the groupdel command followed by the group name. The command above removes the group entry from the /etc/group and /etc/gshadow files. On success, the groupdel command does not print any output.
How do I remove a group? Tap the menu icon at the top right (Android) or bottom right (iPhone) corner of the screen. Then tap groups and select the group you want to delete. Tap on the badge icon then select “People.” You will need to remove each group member by tapping the three dots next to their name and selecting “Remove member.”
How do I delete multiple groups in Linux?
- Delete a group named sales that exist on Linux, run: sudo groupdel sales.
- Another option to remove a group called ftpuser in Linux, sudo delgroup ftpusers.
- To view all group names on Linux, run: cat /etc/group.
- Print the groups a user say vivek is in: groups vivek.
How do I delete a group in RHEL 7? Group administration
– Use groupdel to delete the group. You can remove a group even if there are users in the group. But you can not remove the primary group of an existing user. You must remove the user before removing the group.