How do I delete a partition on Ubuntu? To delete partition, run the d command in the fdisk command-line utility. The partition is automatically selected if there are no other partitions on the disk. If the disk contains multiple partitions, select a partition by typing its number. The terminal prints out a message confirming that the partition is deleted.
How do you delete a partition?
- Locate the partition you want to delete.
- Right-click that partition and select the Delete Volume option from the drop-down menu that appears.
How do I delete a logical partition in Linux? Start with sudo fdisk -l and determine the name of the partition you want to delete (sda1, sda2, etc). Then, sudo fdisk /dev/sdax with ‘sdax’ being the drive you would like to delete. This will enter command mode. After in command mode, (type ‘m’ if you want the help menu) you will use ‘p’ to delete the partition.
How do I delete everything on a partition?
- Right-click the Windows icon and select Disk Management.
- On the target disk, right-click a partition and select Delete Volume.
- Select Yes to remove the selected volume.
- Repeat the process to delete all partitions on the target disk.