How do I delete a swap file in Vim Linux?
- Close the file elsewhere (if open). Make sure you don’t have the file open in another window, or elsewhere.
- Recover. Press r for the (R)ecover option.
- Save (probably) and reopen. First, check the contents.
- Delete the swap file. From step 3, you should now be seeing the warning screen again.
Can I delete Linux swap? Edit the /etc/vfstab file and delete the entry for the swap file. Recover the disk space so that you can use it for something else. If the swap space is a file, remove it. Or, if the swap space is on a separate slice and you are sure you will not need it again, make a new file system and mount the file system.
How do I clear swap memory in Linux? To clear the swap memory on your system, you simply need to cycle off the swap. This moves all data from swap memory back into RAM. It also means that you need to be sure you have the RAM to support this operation. An easy way to do this is to run ‘free -m’ to see what is being used in swap and in RAM.
How do I delete swap files in Ubuntu?
- Run the following command to reactivate the swap file: swapoff -v /swapfile.
- Use a text editor to remove the /etc/fstab entry.
- Run the following command to remove the swapfile: rm -f /swapfile.