How do I delete multiple files at once? To delete multiple files and/or folders: Select the items you’d like to delete by pressing and holding the Shift or Command key and clicking next to each file/folder name. Press Shift to select everything between the first and last item.
How do I delete 1000 files in Linux?
- List all files in /path/to/dir with find ;
- Shuffle the file list with sort ;
- Strip first 1000 lines from the randomized list with tail ;
- xargs -0 rm – remove the remaining files;
How do I delete multiple files in Linux without prompt? Using the -r flag to deleting a non-empty directory. If you do not want a prompt before deleting the directory and its contents, use the -rf flag. This will remove everything inside the directory, including the directory itself, without any confirmation.
How delete all files in Linux?
- To delete the file named myfile, type the following: rm myfile.
- To delete all the files in the mydir directory, one by one, type the following: rm -i mydir/* After each file name displays, type y and press Enter to delete the file.