How do I disable and enable GUI in Ubuntu?
- The following command will disable GUI on boot hence upon the reboot the system will boot into multi user target: $ sudo systemctl set-default multi-user.
- Reboot or log out from a current session to exit GUI: $ reboot OR $ gnome-session-quit.
How do I exit Ubuntu GUI? To log out from Ubuntu desktop session, go to the top right corner and click to bring the system tray. You should see Power Off / Log Out option. Click on it and it will show the Log Out option.
How do I disable graphical interface?
- If you want to enable graphical user interface, press the Y key. If you enable the GUI, users without root privileges will be able to run up to 5 virus scan tasks simultaneously.
- If you want to disable the GUI, press the N key.
How do I disable Gnome desktop?
To Disable Command Line Operations
- GNOME Terminal command, that is /usr/bin/gnome-terminal.