How do I download Ruby on Ubuntu?
- Install Ruby via Ubuntu Repository.
- Install Ruby Using Rbenv. Step 1: Download Updates and Dependencies. Step 2: Install Rbenv. Step 3: Install Ruby.
- Install Ruby Using RVM. Step 1: Download Updates and Dependencies. Step 2: Install RVM. Step 3: Install Ruby.
How do I install gems? To install a gem, use gem install [gem] . Browsing installed gems is done with gem list . For more information about the gem command, see below or head to RubyGems’ docs. There are other sources of libraries though.
Does Ubuntu come with Ruby? Information about packages can be found online at Ubuntu Packages. You can easily search a packages by putting its name at the end of the url: https://packages.ubuntu.com/ruby. Then you get a list with all packages with ruby in its name. Package ruby in Ubuntu 16.04.
How install Ruby and Rails Ubuntu?
- Step 1 – Install RVM (Ruby Version Manager)
- Step 2 – Setup Ruby Latest Version.
- Step 3 – Install Nodejs.
- Step 4 – Configure Ruby Gem.
- Step 5 – Install Ruby on Rails.
- Step 6 – Setup PostgreSQL Database for Rails Development.
- Step 7 – Create Your First App with Rails and PostgreSQL.
- 14 Comment(s)