How do I enable mcrypt? You can install Mcrypt from the PHP Source Tree as a module if you choose. Enable the module by adding: ‘extension=mcrypt.so’ to PHP. ini. Done!
How do I enable mcrypt for php7 4?
- Open Command terminal and run system update.
- Install Developer tools & Dependencies.
- Channel-update for PEAR and PECL.
- Install Php Mcrypt extension on Ubuntu 20.04 or Debian.
- Enable “extension=mcrypt.so” via php.ini.
- Restart Apache.
- Confirm Mcrypt is enabled.
How do I know if mcrypt is enabled? You can also achieve this same screen by viewing a php file that has: phpinfo(); somewhere in the code. In this screen, simply search for the string “mcrypt support”. If installed, you will see a box that says “enabled”.
Is mcrypt deprecated? The mcrypt extension has been abandonware for nearly a decade now, and was also fairly complex to use. It has therefore been deprecated in favour of OpenSSL, where it will be removed from the core and into PECL in PHP 7.2.