How do I enable RDP on Ubuntu 16.04 server?
- Install TigerVNC.
- Install xRDP.
- Configure preferred desktop to be used in xRDP.
Does xrdp work on Ubuntu? Installing and Setting Up XRDP on Ubuntu
A Linux system with the XRDP server software installed on it. This is the system which will be accessed remotely. If the remove machine isn’t on your local network, the machine will need a public IP address with port forwarding enabled.
How do I enable xrdp in Ubuntu?
- Step 1 – Install Desktop Environment. By default, Ubuntu Server does not have an installed Desktop Environment.
- Step 2 – Installing XRDP on Ubuntu.
- Step 3 – Configuring Xrdp.
- Step 4 – Adjust Firewall.
- Step 5 – Connect to Remote Desktop.
What is xrdp package in Ubuntu? Xrdp is an open-source implementation of the Microsoft Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) that allows you to graphically control a remote system. With RDP, you can log in to the remote machine and create a real desktop session the same as if you had logged in to a local machine.