How do I enable screen sharing in Ubuntu?
- Open the Activities overview and start typing Sharing.
- Click on Sharing to open the panel.
- If the Sharing switch in the top-right of the window is set to off, click to switch it on.
- Click Remote Desktop.
- To let others view your desktop, set the Remote Desktop switch to on.
Can not enable screen sharing Ubuntu? Open the Settings app from the Application Menu of Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. Navigate to Sharing section and click on the toggle button as marked in the screenshot below to enable Sharing. Once Sharing is enabled, click on Screen Sharing as marked in the screenshot below.
How do I connect to a desktop share on Ubuntu?
- Step 1: Enable screen sharing. Ubuntu has built-in support for screen sharing via VNC (Image credit: Ubuntu)
- Step 2: Set sharing to on.
- Step 3: Get the IP address of your Ubuntu computer.
- Step 4: Install a VNC client.
- Step 5: Remote desktop into Ubuntu.
How do I share screen in Remmina?
- Overview. Virtual Network Computing (VNC) is a protocol commonly used to share a graphical desktop over a network.
- Launch Remmina. Remmina’s user-interface is easy to use.
- Add a connection. Click on “New” to open the “Remote Desktop Preference” pane.
- Connecting to the server.
- That’s all!