How do I find my CD drive in Ubuntu? Once you mount a CD/DVD,you can find it in /media/DISC_NAME . If you insert a CD or DVD, it should be automatically detected and will appear as a removable media drive in the nautilus file browser, otherwise it will be hidden.
Does Ubuntu support CD? CD/DVD drives need to be mounted to work in Ubuntu (same for hard drives and mice). You can do this from Terminal (typing commands) or using Disk Utility (point and click). To get it you can open the Unity Dash (it’s the button with the Ubuntu logo on the upper left), and type Disk Utility.
How do I install a CD driver?
- Power down the PC completely.
- Open the computer to install the CD or DVD drive.
- Remove the drive slot cover.
- Set the IDE drive mode.
- Place the CD/DVD drive into the computer.
- Attach the internal audio cable.
- Attach the CD/DVD drive to the computer using an IDE cable.
How do I use a DVD drive in Ubuntu?
- First step (actually optional) is to get VLC media player. You can install VLC from Ubuntu Software Center or using the following command in terminal: sudo apt-get install vlc.
- Once we have it, lets install libdvdread4 and libdvdnav4. Use the following command in the terminal: sudo apt-get install libdvdread4 libdvdnav4.