How do I find the root user?
- Please click on the lower left corner of the icon (start button).
- Click Terminal menu item to open the terminal.
- Input the command below: % sudo su –
- Press Enter.
- Your terminal prompt will become #.
- You now have root privleges on all operations in the terminal window.
What is sudo su user? sudo su – The sudo command allows you to run programs as another user, by default the root user. If the user is granted with sudo assess, the su command is invoked as root. Running sudo su – and then typing the user password has the same effect the same as running su – and typing the root password.
How can I access sudo without password?
- Gain root access: $ su –
- Backup your /etc/sudoers file by typing the following command: # cp /etc/sudoers /root/sudoers.bak.
- Edit the /etc/sudoers file by typing the visudo command: # visudo.
What is the password for root? The root password interface provides the ability to maintain system security by changing the default password for the root user of the Unitrends system. The default password is “unitrends1”. It is highly recommended that you change this password from the default.