How do I find the top 10 files in Linux?
- du command : It estimates file space usage.
- sort command : Sort lines of text files or given input data.
- head command : Output the first part of files i.e. to display first 10 largest file.
- find command : It Searches file on Linux machine.
How do I find my largest folders?
- Open File Explorer (aka Windows Explorer).
- Select “This PC” in the left pane so you can search your whole computer.
- Type “size: ” into the search box and select Gigantic.
- Select “details” from the View tab.
- Click the Size column to sort by largest to smallest.
What is the top most directory in Linux? / : The top level directory in your system. It’s called the root directory, because it’s the root of the system: all the rest of the directory structure emanates from it like branches from the root of a tree.
How do I find the largest directories in Linux?
- du command: Estimate file space usage.
- a : Displays all files and folders.
- sort command : Sort lines of text files.
- -n : Compare according to string numerical value.
- -r : Reverse the result of comparisons.
- head : Output the first part of files.