How do I fix Java command not found?
- Install or reinstall Java and the JDK on your computer.
- Add Java’s bin directory to the computer’s PATH.
- Restart the command prompt, terminal window or PowerShell.
How do I enable Java on Linux?
- Open a Terminal window.
- Go to the Java installation directory.
- Open the Java Control Panel.
- In the Java Control Panel, click the Advanced tab.
- Select Show console under the Java Console section.
- Click the Apply button.
How do I check if Java is installed on Linux?
- Open a terminal window.
- Run the following command: java -version.
- The output should display the version of the Java package installed on your system. In the example below, OpenJDK version 11 is installed.
Where is Java not found? The most likely error you’ll see is “javac not found” or “java not found,” which means that even though you installed Java, your shell couldn’t find the java.exe or javac.exe applications. Here’s what’s going on: The commands you’ve used so far are either built in or were installed by the BusyBox installer.