How do I fix read only file system error in Ubuntu?
- Start > Power Settings.
- click on Additional power setting on the right.
- click on choose what thepower buttons do on the left.
- clock on change settings that are currently unavailable.
- unmark turn on fast-startup.
- save changes and then reboot into ubuntu everything will work fine!
How do I fix read only filesystem? Reboot System
Another way to solve read-only file system error is rebooting the system. Rebooting the system make a fresh start where prevous error are cleared which may be related libraries, configuration, temporary changes etc.
Why is my file system mounted as read only? Linux may mount a drive as ‘read-only’ because of Fastboot on Windows 10. A shutdown with the Fastboot feature keeps the Windows kernel and session running albeit it closes all applications and logs off users. By turning off Fastboot, windows will do a cold shutdown and linux will be able to mount the drive safely.
How do I change a read only file to write mode in ubuntu?
How to Change Directory Permissions in Linux for the Group Owners and Others
- chmod g+w filename.
- chmod g-wx filename.
- chmod o+w filename.
- chmod o-rwx foldername.