How do I get GitHub desktop on Ubuntu? Click on the “Show Applications” icon from the left side of the desktop and search the word “Github”. The following dialog box will appear if the user clicks on the downloaded option of the “github-desktop”. Click on the “Install” button and provide the root password to start the installation process.
How do I install GitHub desktop?
- Visit the download page for GitHub Desktop.
- Click Download for macOS.
- In your computer’s Downloads folder, double-click the GitHub Desktop zip file.
- After the file has been unzipped, double-click GitHub Desktop.
- GitHub Desktop will launch after installation is complete.
How do I download Git Desktop for Linux? Linux/Ubuntu users can install with apt : sudo apt-get update. sudo apt-get install git. sudo apt-get install gitk git-gui.
How do I update GitHub Desktop Ubuntu?
- In the GitHub Desktop menu, click About GitHub Desktop.
- Click Check for Updates.
- If an update is available, quit and relaunch GitHub Desktop to install the update.