How do I get rdesktop on Linux?
- Open a local terminal (command prompt) session. For CentOS/Fedora, run “yum install rdesktop“.
- Next, use the rdesktop command to open a remote desktop session.
- A new window will open with the remote Windows GUI.
- That’s it!
How do I run rdesktop in Kali Linux?
- Open a command shell using xterm.
- Type ‘rdesktop’ at the command prompt to see if you have rdesktop installed.
- If rdesktop is installed, then proceed.
- Type ‘rdesktop’ followed by your server’s IP address.
- You will see the Windows login prompt.
Can I RDP from Linux? 2. The RDP Method. The easiest way to set up a remote connection to a Linux desktop is to use Remote Desktop Protocol, which is built into Windows. Once this is done, type “rdp” in the search function and run the Remote Desktop software on your Windows machine.
How do you get rdesktop?
- Make sure you have Windows 11 Pro. To check this, select Start , and open Settings .
- When you’re ready, select Start , and open Settings . Then, under System , select Remote Desktop, set Remote Desktop to On, and then select Confirm.
- Make note of the name of this PC under PC name.