How do I get sudo on Debian?
- First, open up your terminal and get the root access: su root.
- Now install sudo : apt-get install sudo.
- Then, add the user account in which you need to use the sudo privileges: adduser username sudo.
Should I install sudo on Debian? You will note, if you’re working with a standard Debian installation (such as a Desktop install), sudo is probably included, so you won’t have to bother on such an installation. But for those who have gone with the minimal Debian install, installing sudo will be necessary.
How install sudo command in Linux?
- Log in to the Linux node and switch to root using su command.
- If sudo is not installed, install sudo package using the following command:
- Add an existing user with id=user to group=sudo:
- or create a new user with sudo.
Does Debian have sudo? Debian’s default configuration allows users in the sudo group to run any command via sudo.