How do I hide a particular user from the login screen?
- Use the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut to open the Run command, type netplwiz, and click OK to open User Accounts.
- Select the account you want to hide and click Properties.
How do I hide users from GDM login screen?
- Create the gdm profile which contains the following lines: /etc/dconf/profile/gdm.
- Create a gdm keyfile for machine-wide settings in /etc/dconf/db/gdm.d/00-login-screen: [org/gnome/login-screen] # Do not show the user list disable-user-list=true.
- Update the system databases:
How do I get rid of the login screen in Ubuntu? Let it get all the way to the login screen. When you get there, don’t sign in. Instead, press Ctrl + Alt + F3 on your keyboard. Ubuntu will drop out of the graphical login screen and into a black and white terminal.
How do I disable login screen in Linux?
- On the desktop, navigate to the upper-right corner of the screen, click the arrow icon to expand the desktop options and then click Settings.
- From the Settings menu, select Privacy, and then select Screen Lock.
- On the Screen Lock page, toggle the Automatic Screen Lock switch from On to Off.