How do I install all updates on Ubuntu?
Follow these steps:
- Open up a terminal window.
- Issue the command sudo apt-get upgrade.
- Enter your user’s password.
- Look over the list of available updates (see Figure 2) and decide if you want to go through with the entire upgrade.
- To accept all updates click the ‘y’ key (no quotes) and hit Enter.
How do I fix please install all updates available before upgrade?
- Reboot your system.
- terminal reply : “please install all available updates version before upgrading”
- I found the solution after typing in the terminal “sudo apt-get update ” and “sudo apt-get dist-upgrade” and then launch the update manager and the upgrade started.
How do I force Ubuntu to update?
Option A: Use the System Update Process
- Step 1: Check Your Current Kernel Version. At a terminal window, type: uname –sr.
- Step 2: Update the Repositories. At a terminal, type: sudo apt-get update.
- Step 3: Run the upgrade. While still in the terminal, type: sudo apt-get dist-upgrade.
How do I fix Ubuntu update error?
Go to Software & Updates tool:
- Open Software & Updates.
- Remove PPA Using Software & Updates In Ubuntu.