How do I install dig?
- Go to BIND’s website and download the most current, stable version of BIND.
- Extract the downloaded file and install BIND in the following directory: C:Program FilesISC BIND 9.
- Once BIND is installed, click on the Windows menu and open the Control Panel, then open System Properties.
What package installs dig? You must install dnsutils package on an Ubuntu based system. It contains a collection of utilities (such as dig command and other) for querying DNS name servers to find out information about internet hosts.
How do I dig in Linux?
- Dig a Domain Name. To perform a DNS lookup for a domain name, just pass the name along with the dig command: dig hostinger.com.
- Short Answers.
- Detailed Answers.
- Specifying Nameservers.
- Query All DNS Record Types.
- Search For Record Type.
- Trace DNS Path.
- Reverse DNS Lookup.
What command is dig? Description. The dig (domain information groper) command is a flexible tool for interrogating DNS name servers. It performs DNS lookups and displays the answers that are returned from the queried name server(s).