How do I install gcc on Ubuntu?
- Open a command line terminal and install C compiler by installation of the development package build-essential : $ sudo apt update $ sudo apt install build-essential.
- Check C compiler version to verify a successful installation: $ gcc –version.
Where is gcc installed on Ubuntu? You need to use the which command to locate c compiler binary called gcc. Usually, it is installed in /usr/bin directory.
How do I install the latest version of gcc Ubuntu?
- Start by updating the packages list: sudo apt update.
- Install the build-essential package by typing: sudo apt install build-essential.
- To validate that the GCC compiler is successfully installed, use the gcc –version command which prints the GCC version: gcc –version.
Is gcc already installed in Ubuntu? The gcc package is installed by default on all Ubuntu desktop flavors.