How do I log all commands in Linux?
- Create a new rsyslog configuration file, and define the log file path. For example: /var/log/commands. log.
- Edit the user’s ~/bashrc. Note: you need to edit each and every user’s ~/bashrc whoever needs such logs.
- Restart rsyslog service.
What is default audit log? By default, the Audit system stores log entries in the /var/log/audit/audit. log file; if log rotation is enabled, rotated audit. log files are stored in the same directory.
What is kernel audit? Audit Kernel Object determines whether the operating system generates audit events when users attempt to access the system kernel, which includes mutexes and semaphores. Only kernel objects with a matching system access control list (SACL) generate security audit events.
How do I reduce audit logs in Linux?
- Check the file /etc/audisp/plugins.
- Duplicating the entries in /var/log/messages is not required and it will unnecessarily increase the file size and scatter the other kernel related events.
- Then change the file “/etc/rsyslog.conf” entry as below.