How do I login as sudo? To use sudo when using the command line, simply type “sudo” before the command you wish to run. Sudo will then prompt you for your password. Sudo will remember your password for a set amount of time (15 minutes by default).
What is sudo su user? sudo su – The sudo command allows you to run programs as another user, by default the root user. If the user is granted with sudo assess, the su command is invoked as root. Running sudo su – and then typing the user password has the same effect the same as running su – and typing the root password.
What is Linux sudo command? The sudo command allows you to run programs with the security privileges of another user (by default, as the superuser). It prompts you for your personal password and confirms your request to execute a command by checking a file, called sudoers , which the system administrator configures.
How do I login as root in Linux?
- Please click on the lower left corner of the icon (start button).
- Click Terminal menu item to open the terminal.
- Input the command below: % sudo su –
- Press Enter.
- Your terminal prompt will become #.
- You now have root privleges on all operations in the terminal window.