How do I make an UPnP server?
- Open the Control Panel.
- Click Network and Internet.
- Click Network and Sharing Center.
- In the left pane, click the link for Change advanced sharing settings.
- In the Network Discovery section, select the option for Turn on network discovery and click the Save changes button.
What is UPnP server? Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) allows devices that are connected to a network to easily discover and communicate with each other to enable network applications such as data sharing, video streaming or gaming.
How do I use UPnP media server?
- Open up VLC Media Player.
- Go to View > Playlist [CTRL + L].
- On the left under Local Network, click on Universal Plug’n’Play.
- You’ll see a list of files or streaming networks listed on the left.
- Browse through them and right click on them to Play, Stream or Add to Playlist.
How do I enable media sharing in Ubuntu?
- Open the Activities overview and start typing Sharing.
- Click on Sharing to open the panel.
- If the Sharing switch in the top-right of the window is set to off, switch it to on.
- Select Media Sharing.
- Switch the Media Sharing switch to on.