How do I make the user authentication process more secure?
- Activate multifactor authentication functionality whenever possible for all of your accounts.
- Do not re-use your passwords.
- Use single sign-on functionality combined with multifactor authentication in order to reduce the risk of account compromise.
- Use a password manager.
What are different authentication methods? After traditional password-based login, Multi-Factor Authentication is the most trusted authentication mechanism. For improved security, password-based traditional authentication and Multi-Factor Authentication methods are usually used simultaneously.
What method of user authentication is used for files and folders? Authentication Using SSL
The Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol is an application layer protocol. It can be used for user authentication to a database, and it is independent of global user management in Oracle Internet Directory.
What security requirements could be implemented for authentication protection?
- Unique credentials per user.
- Frequent changes.
- Unique credentials per system.
- Separate administrative credentials by system/purpose.
- Encryption in transit.
- Certificate and validation.
- Multifactor authentication.