How do I manually uninstall VMware tools?
- For 32 bit guest operating systems: setup.exe /c.
- For 64 bit guest operating systems: setup64.exe /c. This uninstalls VMware Tools and performs a complete clean up.
Does uninstalling VMware tools require reboot? If you are currently running a version of VMware Tools older than 5.1 on a version of Windows older than Windows Vista, upgrading always requires a reboot. If you are running VMware Tools 5.1 on Windows Vista or newer, you may have to reboot if: One or more components of VMware Tools is installed.
How do I uninstall VMware services?
Delete these folders:
- The program folder in which the VMware product was installed.
- The application data folders.
- The VMware program group folder from the start menu.
Can you install VMware tools on Linux? You can manually install VMware Tools on a Linux virtual machine using the command line. For later Linux distributions, use the integrated open-vm-tools version.