How do I mount a shared folder in Ubuntu VMware?
- Ensure configured shared folder in VMWare Player.
- Install open-vm0dkms: sudo apt-get install open-vm-dkms.
- Hit the “Enter” all the way to allow default value.
- Mount Windows shared folder to Ubuntu VM: sudo mount -t vmhgfs .host:/ /mnt/hgfs.
- check if mounting is successful df -kh.
How do I mount a shared folder in Ubuntu?
- Open VirtualBox.
- Right-click your VM, then click Settings.
- Go to Shared Folders section.
- Add a new shared folder.
- On Add Share prompt, select the Folder Path in your host that you want to be accessible inside your VM.
- In the Folder Name field, type shared.
- Uncheck Read-only and Auto-mount, and check Make Permanent.
Where are shared folders in VMware Ubuntu? Inside the root folder, locate the “mnt” folder and click on it. Then, select the “hgfs” folder. In this folder, you’ll see your shared folder from the Host OS. Click on it to access your files.
How do I share a folder between Ubuntu and Windows VMware?
- Create a folder in your Windows file system that you want to use as the share.
- Power down the VM shutting down Ubuntu.
- Select your VM in VMware Player and click Edit virtual machine settings.
- In the Options tab click Shared Folders in the left hand pane.