How do I move 100 files from one directory to another in Linux?
- ls -rt source/* – command lists all the files with the relative path.
- head -n100 – takes first 100 files.
- xargs cp -t destination – moves these files into the destination folder.
How do I move multiple files at once?
- Select the first file with the mouse pointer.
- Press and hold the Control Key (on the keyboard).
- Repeat step 2 until all the required files are selected.
- When all items are selected release the Control Key.
How do I move bulk files in UNIX? How to move multiple files into a directory. To move multiple files using the mv command pass the names of the files or a pattern followed by the destination. The following example is the same as above but uses pattern matching to move all files with a . txt extension.
How do I move more than one file at a time in Linux? mv command in linux allow us to move more than one file into another directory. All you have to do is write the name of each file you want to move, seperated by a space . both of them will work.