How do I open the Update Manager in Ubuntu terminal?
- Open the terminal application.
- For remote server use the ssh command to login.
- Fetch update software list by running the sudo apt-get update command.
- Update Ubuntu software by running the sudo apt-get upgrade command.
- Finally, reboot the Ubuntu box by running the sudo reboot command.
What is latest version of Ubuntu? The latest LTS version of Ubuntu is Ubuntu 22.04 LTS “Jammy Jellyfish,” which was released on April 21, 2022. Canonical releases new stable versions of Ubuntu every six months, and new Long Term Support versions every two years.
How do I do a dist update in Ubuntu?
- Open a terminal and run sudo apt-get update (just to be sure 🙂 ).
- Now, when you run sudo apt-get dist-upgrade it’d be upgraded to the next LTS version and not non-LTS versions.
How do I upgrade Ubuntu 22.04 to LTS? Upgrade to Ubuntu 22.04 LTS (Jammy Jellyfish)
Upgrading to the latest Ubuntu version is a pretty straightforward process. You can upgrade either from the command line with do-release-upgrade or the GUI update tool. We’ll perform the update from the command line, which should work for both Desktop and Server systems.