How do I reinstall Apache on Ubuntu?
“ubuntu 20.04 reinstall apache2” Code Answer
- sudo apt-get –purge remove apache2.
- sudo apt-get autoremove.
- sudo apt-get install apache2.
- sudo /etc/init. d/apache2 restart.
How do I uninstall and reinstall Apache?
Remove, Purge, or Reinstall Apache Web Server
- Remove will uninstall Apache from the system, but leave the configuration files behind.
- Purge will uninstall Apache from the system, along with the configuration files inside /etc/apache2 .
- Reinstall will remove Apache from your system and then install it again.
How do I reset apache2 to default?
“how to reset apache2 configuration” Code Answer
- sudo apt-get purge apache2.
- sudo apt-get install apache2.
- sudo service apache2 start.
What is the command to install Apache on Ubuntu?
- Installing Apache. To install Apache, install the latest meta-package apache2 by running: sudo apt update sudo apt install apache2.
- Creating Your Own Website. By default, Apache comes with a basic site (the one that we saw in the previous step) enabled.
- Setting up the VirtualHost Configuration File.
How do I reinstall Apache on Ubuntu? – Additional Questions
How do I install apache2 on terminal?
Enter sudo password.
- Step 2: Install Apache. Now in order to install Apache, issue the following command in Terminal: $ sudo apt-get install apache2.
- Step 3: Verify Installation. Once the installation of Apache is completed, you can verify it using the following command in Terminal: $ apache2 -v.
Where is apache2 installed Ubuntu?
The configuration file of Apache and the installation method vary according to different distributions of Linux. But the default document root is /var/www/html in all distributions. Debian and Ubuntu distributions refer to Apache as “Apache2” and the configuration file of Apache2 is /etc/apache2/apache2.
What is the command for installing Apache on Linux server?
1) How to Install the Apache http Web Server on Linux
For RHEL/CentOS 8 and Fedora systems, use the dnf command to install Apache. For Debian based systems, use the apt command or apt-get command to install Apache. For openSUSE systems, use the zypper command to install Apache.
How do I install Apache?
Step by step Apache install on Windows
- Download the installation media in the form of a ZIP file.
- Extract the contents of the Apache Web Server 2.4 zip to the file system.
- Locate the extracted Apache24 folder and copy this folder to the root of C:
- Open the C:Apache24bin folder and run the httpd.exe command.
What is the first command in installing Apache?
Install Apache Service
- In your Command Prompt window, enter (or paste) the following command: httpd.exe -k install -n “Apache HTTP Server”
- From your Command Prompt window enter the following command and press ‘Enter.
- Restart your server and open a web browser once you are logged back in.
Can I install httpd on Ubuntu?
There is two ways to install Apache Http server on Ubuntu : Use apt command to install it automatically. Configure and build the source code, and install it manually.
What is the difference between httpd and apache2?
httpd is the same as apache2. It depends on the OS you use. For example in RHEL 6.2 it is called httpd and in Ubuntu it is called apache2.
How do I uninstall apache2?
Your comment on this answer:
- First stop the apache2 service if it is running with: sudo service apache2 stop.
- Now remove and clean up all the apache2 packages with: sudo apt-get purge apache2 apache2-utils apache2.2-bin apache2-common //or sudo apt-get purge apache2 apache2-utils apache2-bin apache2.2-common.
How do I know if Apache is running on Ubuntu?
How to Check the Apache Version
- Open terminal application on your Linux, Windows/WSL or macOS desktop.
- Login to remote server using the ssh command.
- To see Apache version on a Debian/Ubuntu Linux, run: apache2 -v.
- For CentOS/RHEL/Fedora Linux server, type command: httpd -v.
How do I know if apache2 is working?
In most cases, when you type http://server-ip:80 on any of the browsers you use, it would show whether Apache is running. However, you can search further by putting the command of “service apache2 status” to be sure. If you are using Ubuntu, you can also add the command of a restart to let Apache function again.
How do I check my Apache status?
3 Ways to Check Apache Server Status and Uptime in Linux
- Systemctl Utility. Systemctl is a utility for controlling the systemd system and service manager; it is used it to start, restart, stop services and beyond.
- Apachectl Utilities. Apachectl is a control interface for Apache HTTP server.
- ps Utility.
How do I know if httpd is running?
Run each command in the example as the root user:
- Run the service httpd status command to confirm httpd is not running:
- Run the semanage port -l | grep -w http_port_t command to view the ports SELinux allows httpd to listen on:
- Edit /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf as the root user.
Is Apache running on Linux?
Apache is part of the popular LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) stack of software. It is included with the latest version of Ubuntu 18.04 by default.
How do I start httpd service?
You can also start httpd using /sbin/service httpd start. This starts httpd but does not set the environment variables. If you are using the default Listen directive in httpd. conf, which is port 80, you will need to have root privileges to start the apache server.
What is Httpd used for?
HTTPd is a software program, that usually runs in the background, as a process. It plays the role of server in a client-server model using HTTP and/or HTTPS network protocols. HTTPd waits for the incoming client requests and for each request it answers by replying with requested information.
Why is Apache called httpd?
When Apache is running under Unix, its process name is httpd , which is short for “HTTP daemon”.
Where is Httpd in Apache?
For example, in a default install, Apache httpd resides at /usr/local/apache2 in the Unix filesystem or “c:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2” in the Windows filesystem. (Note that forward slashes should always be used as the path separator in Apache httpd configuration files, even for Windows.)