How do I remove a group member in Linux? To remove a member from a supplementary group, execute the usermod command listing the supplementary groups that you want the user to remain a member of. , where user-name is the user name.
How do I remove a user from a group?
- Delete a group named sales that exist on Linux, run: sudo groupdel sales.
- Another option to remove a group called ftpuser in Linux, sudo delgroup ftpusers.
- To view all group names on Linux, run: cat /etc/group.
- Print the groups a user say vivek is in: groups vivek.
How do I remove a user from a group ID in Linux? To delete(remove) a given group from the system, invoke the groupdel command followed by the group name. The command above removes the group entry from the /etc/group and /etc/gshadow files. On success, the groupdel command does not print any output.
How do I remove a user from Linux?
- Log in to your server via SSH.
- Switch to the root user: sudo su –
- Use the userdel command to remove the old user: userdel user’s username.
- Optional: You can also delete that user’s home directory and mail spool by using the -r flag with the command: userdel -r user’s username.