How do I remove a link in Linux? To remove a symbolic link, use either the rm or unlink command followed by the name of the symlink as an argument. When removing a symbolic link that points to a directory do not append a trailing slash to the symlink name.
How do I delete an existing link? To remove a hyperlink but keep the text, right-click the hyperlink and click Remove Hyperlink. To remove the hyperlink completely, select it and then press Delete.
How do I remove a symbolic link without deleting the file in Linux?
- rm test2 (deletes the symlink only)
- rm -r test2 (deletes the symlink only)
- rm -rf test2 (deletes the symlink only)
- rm test2/ ( rm: cannot remove ‘test2/’: Is a directory — no action taken)
- rm -rf *2 (or any other glob matching the symlink — deletes the symlink only)
How do you remove a link from a file? Right-click the file or folder that you want to remove the link from. Click Share. Click Link settings. Click Delete link.