How do I remove a user from a group in Linux?
How to delete group in Linux
- Delete a group named sales that exist on Linux, run: sudo groupdel sales.
- Another option to remove a group called ftpuser in Linux, sudo delgroup ftpusers.
- To view all group names on Linux, run: cat /etc/group.
- Print the groups a user say vivek is in: groups vivek.
How do you remove a user from a secondary group in Linux?
How do I delete a member from a group?
Using Google Groups
- Sign in to Google Groups.
- Click the name of a group.
- On the left, click Members.
- Point to each member you want to remove. check the box next to their name.
- At the top right, click Remove member. OK to confirm.
How do you remove a user in Linux?
Remove a Linux user
- Log in to your server via SSH.
- Switch to the root user: sudo su –
- Use the userdel command to remove the old user: userdel user’s username.
- Optional: You can also delete that user’s home directory and mail spool by using the -r flag with the command: userdel -r user’s username.