How do I reset my X server? Ctrl+Alt+Backspace
Click the Options button and enable the Control + Alt + Backspace check box under Key sequence to kill the X server. After it’s enabled, you can press Ctrl+Alt+Backspace to immediately restart your X server.
How do I start X server?
- Log in to your Linux system as the administrative (root) user.
- Open a Terminal window (if you are logged in to a system with a graphical user interface) and type “update-rc. d ‘/etc/init.
- Pres “Enter.” The command is added to the startup routine on the computer.
How do I restart Ubuntu? Restart Ubuntu Linux immediately
By default, if you just use shutdown -r, it will reboot your system after one minute.
How do I restart Ubuntu from terminal?
- sudo reboot.
- sudo shutdown -r now This will perform a system shutdown in a proper way and then reboot the computer.
- sudo init 6.
- sudo poweroff.
- sudo shutdown -h now This will perform a system shutdown in a proper way.
- sudo halt is another way to shutdown.
- sudo init 0.