How do I restart Samba? sudo /etc/init. d/samba restart should be all you need to do.
How do I start Samba on Ubuntu?
- Open the terminal.
- Install samba with the following command: sudo apt-get install samba smbfs.
- Configure samba typing: vi /etc/samba/smb.conf.
- Set your workgroup (if necesary).
- Set your share folders.
- Restart samba.
How do I start and stop Samba server? To set up a domain member server, you must first join the domain or Active Directory using the net join command before starting the smb service. The restart option is a quick way of stopping and then starting Samba.
How do I run Samba?
- Step 1: Install Samba in Linux.
- Step 2: Create and Configure Samba Shares.
- Step 3: Accessing Samba Share from Windows.
- Step 4: Secure Samba Share Directory.
- Step 5: Accessing Samba Share from Linux Client.