How do I run ifconfig in Kali Linux?
- Open command Terminal.
- Run system update command.
- sudo apt update.
- Install net-tools to get the IPconfig, on your Kali Linux.
- sudo apt install net-tools.
- Once installed, run the command:
- sudo ipconfig.
- The output will show your current system’s IP address.
How do I find my IP address in Kali Linux?
- To see your local IP address, you can run the following command in terminal: $ ip a.
- To check for currently used DNS server IP address, execute this command: $ systemd-resolve –status | grep Current.
- To display default gateway IP address, run this command: $ ip r.
How do I run ifconfig on Linux? To assign an IP address to a specific interface, use the following command with an interface name (eth0) and ip address that you want to set. For example, “ifconfig eth0 172.16. 25.125” will set the IP address to interface eth0.
How do I fix command not found in Kali Linux? By adding COMMAND_NOT_FOUND_INSTALL_PROMPT=1 to your shell’s environment (e.g. ~/. bashrc or ~/. zshrc ), command-not-found will take it one step further, and also prompt you if you want to install the missing package.